Getting Used To A New Environment


Even for us adults, it is not easy to be comfortable at a new place regardless how beautiful and attractive the new environment is.

For children, it is ever more scary. The people they see , the smell of the space and the feel of the new place presents so many new stimulations for their brain to process.

Today I brought my youngest son Y, to Alami Montessori for the second day. The first day, he stayed for an hour with me while we played together within Alami's compound. He is 2.5 years old who has been living with his nucleus family, without much interaction to the outdoor world. Y is smart and can communicate properly. He was not used to being in an environment where I am not around. His eyes would constantly look for me, making sure that he knows my whereabouts. He must be wondering why was I so merry and joyful outside of our own house. I was constantly interacting with all the other kids in the school. Truth be told, I love to be and sing with children wherever I go. So Y got a bit uncomfortable with this mother who is purposely not giving attention to him. 

Alami Montessori was calm and relaxing because of the green surroundings which I love. It was quite comforting to know that your child will be more inclined to nature given the environment he sees .I do hope the school continue to work towards bridging the gap between human and  nature as the world move deeper into technology...


Anonymous

Comments

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Killara childcare

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts